By: Jessica Oswald
So because we have a project coming up that deals with using social media to market to companies I thought it would be helpful to go over some tips from our book Google Semantic Search to help out with the project. At the end of chapter 6 there is a checklist that is titled, “The content Creation Preparation Checklist,” in the checklist it has helpful tips on how to create not only brand authenticity, but trust with customers.
- Identify all the different types of content your company or brand produces
- Decide what message or marketing values you need to communicate your target audience and explain how these will be implemented in the types of content your company or brand produces.
- Explain how you build, project, and safeguard your company’s or brands reputation
- Explain how you communicate common values across all those responsible for content creation in your company.
- Explain your content creation strategy in terms of the type of content your company produces, its frequency, and the way it is used (Amerland 104)
These are just some things to keep in mind when preparing content for your business. The list goes on to talk about how to identify with your audience, how to integrate all of your content on all the social media platforms, how to use metrics, identifying traffic on your blog and suitable subjects. Kim McNycholas of Forbes.com wrote an article on how to use social media for small business. Her first tip, “Assess your Assets: The first action you should take before engaging in online marketing or social media marketing and engagement is to look at what are you’re trying to promote. What are your assets? Who are your target customers? It may seem obvious…” Meaning, know your product and know your audience. By using those two things, you can create a more meaningful relationship with your customers.
Here is a list of companies that are doing very well at social media.