By: Morgan McAnally
Featured image: https://www.yotpo.com/blog/instagram-pics-better/
When it comes to posting to your social sites, often we find ourselves at odds with what may be the right content to post. In the age of Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, visual content is the most important aspect of gathering a higher audience. When you look at successful bloggers or Instagram sensations its because they know how to make their content look cohesive and relatable to their viewers.
Visual Content Marketing takes home the cake with the highest form of communication and highest engagement rates in terms of likes, follows, engagements like comments, and revenue. Visual Content Marketing is essential to building a following because we are visual people.
Becca Fieler states some interesting statistics regarding Visual Content Marketing and those include:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
- 40% of people respond better to an image than 1,000 words.
- 46% say a website’s design is the Number 1 criterion for discerning a company’s credibility.
- Posts with infographics grow traffic an average of 12% more than those without.
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
- Pinterest generates more referral traffic than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn COMBINED.
- Photos on Facebook garner more interaction than text, videos, and links.
- Visitors spend 100% more time on pages that have videos on them.
- Consumers who watch a product video are 85% more likely to purchase that product.
Not only are we more likely to retain visual information better but we are more likely to share it as well. Gone are the days where people share long posts just ranting about their lives, and here are the days where people want to show their creative side through visually appealing content. I have found that many brands and people that I follow on my social sites are primarily people who have a set theme for their content and make it relatable and easy to follow.
Photo Source: Marianna Hewitt’s Instagram
Visual Content Marketing is very significant on Instagram and is an easy way to show your creative style for future audiences. Many people will follow you most of the time just because they love the way your Instagram feed looks. To build an audience through Visual Content Marketing there are some factors that you need first in order to gain the following that you want. These factors include finding a niche, posting regularly, use hashtags when appropriate, and cross-pollinate with your social networks. With these prerequisites, you will then be set up for future factors in order of quality, collaborating with influencers and profitability to your site. With these things in mind you will successfully gain the following that you desire and results of the goals that you have set for your personal brand or company.
DeMers, J. (2016, March 03). 3 Ways To Build A Massive Instagram Following. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2016/03/03/3-ways-to-build-a-massive-instagram-following/2/#48e410666adb
Fieler, B. (2016, September 12). The Importance of Visual Content Marketing. Retrieved April 04, 2017, from https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/blog/the-importance-of-visual-content-marketing-infographic-2/