By Abisola Adeyemi
We have learned by now that engagement is a huge factor in success. We want to know that our audience not only see’s our content but they connect to it as well. Reach is very important, you can have millions of followers but if you don’t connect with your audience then thats a fail.
Here are some secret ways to increase Social Media Engagement:
- Understand why your audience follows you. Say for instance, you are a retail store, post more content about what you have in store! Post about new arrivals and upcoming style advice for the season, to keep your audience excited and curious for what is to come next.
- Entertain your audience. Make funny content, we all need a laugh. You have the ability to make someones day if you can make them smile.
- Be relatable. Find ways to produce content that’ll connect you to your audience. People like when they can relate.
- Share facts. People love to learn something new, you’ll want your audience to come to you because they know you have the good stuff.
- Live stream videos, this is a fun way to engage with your audience. When you can speak live and have your audience ask questions and receive answers live.
- Make more visual content. We are visual creatures, we enjoy nice pictures and art in any form that’ll spark emotion.
- Ask and welcome feedback. Be open to criticism to see what you can do better and receive feedback about what they would like to see you do.
- Put your Audience first, its always about them. Let them know you care about what they feel about your content,
- Be consistent with messages. Without consistency, you can lose your audience. Its important to produce as much content as you can.
- Do Giveaways. People love free stuff. Reward your audience for taking time to pay attention to your content.